Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A quickie

I am at job #1 (teaching) and my last 2 students were absent. The rumor is that their school district had the day off, so they were not required to be here today. What fun.

Things are still holding together for me when it comes to food. I'm glad that I had lunch all packed and ready for work this morning. Packing it at night is such a time saver. Everything seems to take three times as long in the morning. I know that may not be entirely true, but it seems to be that way. Maybe I'm just using more brain power than usual in the morning...at least these days. Antibiotics make me exhausted.

I'm at work, so I'm going to talk a little bit about work. I started a Live Journal account because one of my Creative Writing students wanted a different way to publish her work, so I taught her how to blog by using LJ. Now I have an account so I can post to her account. I'm also figuring I'll put some of my creative writing on it (if you can call it that) in order to model good writing behavior like writing through a whole class period, editing, revising, etc. She's 18, so I'm not super concerned about her. She's smart enough to not put pictures of herself, or use her real name. We had a long talk about it and she brought that stuff up. I'm glad she's got a good head on her shoulders.

Other aspects of work are okay. Crazy only sighed about twice an hour, which is not as much as she usually does. So things are good on that front.

No comments: