Saturday, October 21, 2006

Keep a stiff upper lip

Yeah, my leg itches like hell, but rather than complain about it, I'm going to treat you to pics of the old and new library in my town. The new library isn't done yet, but it's getting really close....

This is the old library in my town. We knocked down a Carnegie building to build it...








This is the children's room in which I work. I've worked here for more than 19 years. I'm 33, so I'm sure you can figure it out....










This is the view from the children's room window. Aside from the crane in the lower half, it's a nice view of the Hudson, right?






Here is the new library, which is very obviously under construction. It should be done in about a month. No one can wait until we move in!

4 comments:

Martalu said...

Blogger ate my comment, so I'll try again!

I am SO glad you got a second opinion. That quack could have killed you with his lack of attention! You need to write a very nasty letter to him and cc: the governing medical association. If the pain continues, try some lanacane. It's a topical cream that contains lidocaine, so it might help the pain.

Also, how in the heck can you have worked someplace for 19 years! It must be a heck of a job! The longest job I've ever had is the one I have now. 2 years. And I've moved to 3 different work groups in that time. Yeah, I know, I have a problem...

If that's what your current space looks like, I can't wait to see the inside of your new space! The outside looks really nice. So, now all that needs to happen is crazy co-worker gets canned, and it will be perfect!

Anonymous said...

I just dropped off overdue books at the library today and I thought to myself how much I'd like to work in a library some day!

Darth Julie said...

I got a call from the robot lady yesterday telling me one of my dvds is in. No, not THAT robot lady. The library one. Though she did say I was van...

Amazon Alanna said...

@ Darth Bruce: ha-ha. ha-ha.