Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Getting the ball rolling


I know it's only day 2 of my Weight Watchers week, but I'm strangely motivated. It's almost frightening how fast these little light switches in my head and can turn on and off. I think it's that way for a lot of us. Some weeks we feel "on" and we seem to be able to get it all done without batting an eye, but those "off" weeks nothing seems to go right. I'm feeling strangely on. I've eaten well for 2 days, I've found the time to cook, I went to the gym for cardio yesterday (no weights until the Lyme antibiotics are done and the achiness goes). Crazy co-worker's constant sighing isn't making me cringe. (And when I say constant, I'm talking record breaking amounts of sighs. Like 3 in under 5 minutes. WTF?)

I'm hoping that this good feeling keeps up. I think I might treat myself to an extra meeting this week. I had to take Thursday night off from job #2 (the library) so I could travel to an out of state conference, which I'm not going to because I'm merely on the waiting list). Thursday night, in the past, has been the "oh screw it" night of record. If I can't regroup on Thursday, it's over for the week. I just need a really good week under my belt and then I have a better chance of getting into a good cycle of things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've done that "2 meetings in one week" thing before and sometimes it really helps me keep my head in the game.

Of course, you have to find a meeting where you don't wnat to kill everybody who opens their mouth, but if you do, it really works!

Martalu said...

I think that extra meeting thing is brilliant, and I'm going to swing on over to one after work. I had an "on" week last week where my shit did not stink (!), but this week I can't get my act together. Thanks for the great idea. I bet it's just the thing to flip my switch back on!