Monday, September 25, 2006

The Doctor is in

Well, after seeing my orthopedist today, who sent me to a podiatrist down the road, we have come to the conclusion that I have a Morton's Neuroma, or at least that is their clinical opinion at this point. It's a clinical opinion because I don't have all the classic symptoms of this neuroma, just some. But it has a very easy fix...othodics. I'm walking around for 2 weeks with a pad in my shoe to see if that fixes the problem. I also got a shot of cortisone in my foot, which I told was going to be somewhat painful. In comparison to the eye incident, not at all.

So I have an appointment with the podiatrist in 2 weeks. So 2 weeks of a sponge in my shoe as an experiment. If it works, then I get orthodics, if not, then I get an MRI of my foot. I'm just glad at this point there is no bootie involved as of yet.

2 comments:

Martalu said...

Who doesn't love a little bootie?

Okay bad joke. What's not funny, besides my joke, is random and painful pain, so I hope the spongy thing does the trick.

Keep us posted.

Darth Julie said...

Hey grandma, do you need a cane too?

Good God, I am so mean.. particularly since I am having similar issues myself, as you know. But I discovered that walking around for 4 days straight helped my hip pain, so I'm thinking a doctor visit and some PT might be the way to go here.

See you at the nursing home.