Monday, September 18, 2006

My stupid foot


I don't think I've talked about it here, but my left foot has been bothering me lately. Unlike the character in the movie with the same name, my left foot is useless. It hurts when I wake up. The pain wears off, unless I sit with the outer ridge of my foot sitting on the floor, then it hurts again when I set it flat on the floor. It's been going on for a few weeks.

Needless to say, after an evening (hours, folks) of pain-free dancing at CAs wedding Saturday, I couldn't walk on it on Sunday. I'm glad I had no pain at the wedding, and maybe I should have been kinder to my foot...like when the song "Jump" by House of Pain was played, maybe I shouldn't have jumped when they told me to jump....couldn't help it. I felt a need to pack it out, pack it in and then at some point, let him begin....

It feels much better now, but as a result of that tremendous pain, I have an appointment with my orthopedist this coming Monday. I'm hoping for something that is quick and easy to fix, but it's probably something gross like a stress fracture or some kind of tendon issue. Only time, and the doctor, will tell.

No comments: