Saturday, June 17, 2006

Twice in one day?

My posting is sporadic at best, but I figure two posts in one day never killed anyone. Right Shaunta? I'm posting again to state out loud, put into writing, or whatever you want to call it, that it is time for me to face the music. I'm not training like I should, I'm not eating like I should. In fact, my stomach has decided to rebel because I'm not giving it the food it likes.

I went to the Olive Garden (I was a virgin) last night for dinner with some people in my department. I didn't over eat, but I did not eat the whole grain foods I usually eat most weeks. By the time I was done with dinner, I had a grumbly, pissed off knot in my stomach. I thought about it for a bit and I realized that this was the feeling my stomach was getting for the second half of the week whenever I ate something that was out of the norm. (white flour, creamy, fried, etc, not weight watchers core approved) So, my stomach is not a happy camper at all.

I'm taking it easy food-wise for the rest of the day. Maybe some butternut squash soup for dinner....soothing and not much to digest. Tomorrow, I've got to be better about what I'm eating. I've also got to make some decisions about what I'm training for. I have no races, but I have to create a goal for myself. Maybe a 10k in the fall, or a fall tri, or something!

I am having the worst time setting a goal for myself. Help!

2 comments:

Shaunta said...

hahaha...I can't stop from posting...so post away! Then I won't feel like such a freak :)

I'm having a really hard time focusing my training. Because my head wants to train, but my body can't really do it yet. So I get discouraged. I'm so far from where I want to be.

I know I want to start lifting weights, but I don't even have a clue where to start. Mabye a class?

Shaunta said...

Hey...I seem to have lost your email. (Did I ever have it? I may be losing my mind HAHA!)

I did ask at my gym regarding getting help with weight training. It was a joke. The guy was patronizing and horrible, and not much help.

Cross-country training sounds great to me. shauntaalburger@gmail.com