Friday, February 02, 2007

The need to find center

I am all over the place. I've got a list of things I need to do a mile long. There was no snow day today, so I'm writing this during my lunch period. I am a ball of self loathing when it comes to eating. I've been eating core food half the time, and processed food the other half. I need to get myself recentered so that I can focus on what needs to get done, and get back into a routine.

I truly believe that the change in my routine is what is throwing me completely off. The library has been closed, so I haven't been doing that. My last bunch of Saturdays have been taken up with national board support meetings or other workshops. I'm teaching a grad class instead of doign Homework Help on Mondays. I'm just all over the place. I've got to figure out a way to make myself feel more settled about the new schedule. I've got things I've got to get done, it's true, but I don't need to eat pudding while I'm doing it...I think that might be half of the point.

I am going to take advantage of the fact that my students that I have for the last 2 periods of the day happen to be absent to get some extra national board writing done....that'' make me feel somewhat better...at least for a minute or two.

1 comment:

Martalu said...

Hey, at least you had those 2 extra periods. And can you imagine the world of hurt you'd be in if the library were open? Holy boy!

Just take it one thing at a time. It's the only thing you can do while remaining somewhat sane.

I feel you on the eating well 1/2 the time, crap 1/2 the time. I'm doing the same thing. We're still better off than we were before Core, though. Of that, I am thoroughly convinced.

((((HUGS!)))) and extra time coming to you through cyberspace!