Thursday, August 09, 2007

Breaking out

It occurred to me today, as I sat with my 93% fat free burger with soy cheese, no bun, and a handful of french fries that I'm stuck in the mental rut of labeling myself as either being "good" or "bad" with food. I think that mindset is getting in my way, tripping me up, and possibly could be part of the reason that I self sabotage so often these days. I have to stop thinking in terms of good vs. bad; it only makes me feel down if I have something I've proclaimed as "bad". I need to think in terms of "Core" and "gotta spend some flexies"...that's all it really is, isn't it?

There has got to be more to eating to live than bad and good food. I admit, there are foods that are better for you. That's obvious. But is any food really that "bad" when eaten in moderation?

1 comment:

Moody said...

I agree. And I think moderation is the key in everything.

Personally, when I start thinking too much in terms of ‘bad food’ and ‘good food’ I know I’m getting a bit too obsessed with my diet.

I think allowing not so healthy foods in your diet are ok, as long as it is in moderation. Like trying to eat healthy 90% of the time, and have freedom with the other 10%.