Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not so bad

Despite my being a Pouty McPouterson yesterday, I had a gain of .6. I perhaps could have even avoided that if I hadn't had a Mike's Hard Lemonade and quiche freak-out at about 8pm. Less stuff in the tummy means less weigh on the scale, right? Oh well, it's over and that's the important part, right?

This is my second Sunday where I didn't have to work at the library, and I've got to tell you, I could get used to this schedule of having nothing to do. I actually have time to do the dished and relax...on the same day. It's stunning. I don't think I'm ready to give up my library job...I've worked there forever...I'm going to wait until I at least hit 20 years (This September, if you can believe it) or when I have a baby. I'm thinking that I'll need more time if I have a baby..wouldn't you think so? But I digress, yet again.

So, tomorrow night is my first night as an adjunct professor in a graduate level course. I'm a tad nervous, but I"m feeling ready. I've got my plans all laid out for the 2 hour course, including an article to start with, group reading activities, and time for me to introduce myself and the goals of the course. If I have to let them out a few minutes early, then so be it. I don't think I'll have the time to do that because I have a bunch of tricks up my sleeve . I'll be back tomorrow to let y'all know how it all went.

No comments: