Saturday, July 29, 2006

Strapping Young Math

Tomorrow, my dear husband and I are traveling to Hartford, CT to go spend the day at Ozzfest. He can not wait. He's going to have a great time. I will have an good time, provided that I get to sit down once in a while and count mullets. Maybe I'll count bad tats, too. Well, I guess that's subjective. One man's velvet Elvis might be another man's Mona Lisa, depending on what your idea of art happens to be.

It's going to be a glorious day of ear plugs, flailing young men, death metal music, and a ton of sweat. I'm reeling at the thought of being bumped into by sweaty, disgusting, badly tattooed men.

Just for your edification, my friends, I will let you in on a little secret of the origins of Devon Townsend, lead singer of the fabulous band, Strapping Young Lad. I'm pretty sure that he is the love child of John Malkovich and the Crypt Keeper. I can't be totally positive, however, you'll have to take a look for yourself:

+ =

So, tomorrow will be 8 hours in the sun, trying to avoid windmilling moshers, sweaty armpits and dehydration.

Did I mention that it's supposed to be 95 tomorrow? Ahhhhh, the fun of it all.

1 comment:

Papa Tweet said...

Wow, that sounds MISERABLE. While you're at it, you might as well swing by the air guitar championships too.