Thursday, July 06, 2006

Summer Plans

I'm back at work for summer school. I'm lucky as everyone in my department can work part time if they choose because we are support staff and not classroom teachers. Lucky me! I'm working 3 days a week. Tuesday-Thursday.

Summer school is different around here, it's not to "make up" academics, it's to keep our emotionally disturbed/psychologically fragile kids in the routine of getting up and getting on a bus everyday. It's really treated more as an academic summer camp than a summer school program. It's a ton of fun.

I did something horrible to my back yesterday. I bent over just right and got a gnarled up muscle over my left hip bone. Many Advils and thermal packs later, I'm fine, but I'm not risking weights today, or for the rest of the week for that matter! I will do some slow cardio on the elliptical machine, though. I also might some tomorrow, due to the stresslessness of the exercise.

No comments: