Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's been a while

I have been pretty busy for the past bunch of days. On Saturday, not only was it Marta's birthday, it was Reuben's. We got him a brand new dog bed that he fits on even if he sprawls out! He totally loves it. Its cover is made of denim so Reuben's OCD turning and scratching will not rip holes in it.


Reuben also had Una sleep over on his birthday. It wasn't' really a party because Una does nothing but harass poor Reuben. She loves him so very much, and does anything she can to get his attention. She would love nothing more than

for him to play with her or let her snuggle with him. As you can see in the pictures, she tries to get as close to him as possible without him noticing. At times, Reuben would be trying to sleep on my bed, and she would sneak up, stand on her hind legs and put her front paws on his head. Very amusing.

My best friend, Darth Bruce, had her birthday yesterday, so Happy Birthday Bruce!



Another Labor Day weekend thing is trying to cram as much fun stuff into three days as possible because school started today. No students, but I still had to go to work today. Blah!

And finally, I made my friend, Cathy, a sock monkey for her birthday. We have a sock themed birthday thing going for the last few years, so I thought this was appropriate. I gave it to her at work today, and he sat with her, in her chair, at her desk this morning as we got ready for out back to school meetings. I think she liked him. Another friend of mine, Collette, wants one for her 2 year old daughter, and I am happy to oblige.






2 comments:

TrixieBelden said...

Hey there, I'm looking for some teaching advice. I just got my first teaching position as an adjunct and my first class is Thursday. I've taught one-off lectures before, but never a full course. I am supposed to have materials from the instructor who started the course (I'm his replacement), but of course I don't have them yet. I have an idea about content, but I'm nervous about class participation. How do I get them to participate? I am planning on having them do some work in small groups during class time and then have one person from each small group share their findings to the whole class. What do you think? Also looking for general tips for teaching and holding their attention. If you can, just leave me a comment on my blog, or email me at trixiebelden2006 at yahoo dot com. Thank you so much!

Chai said...

is darth bruce's b-day on the 3rd too? i have only met or heard of one other person withe same birthday as me....maybe that is why we get along so well...it is cosmic...