Sunday, June 17, 2007

To begin again?

Despite having one more official week of work still looming ahead...which is mostly proctoring tests, scoring the second half of the English Regents, and making graduation programs...plus, possibly having to pack up my office (I might be moving to another location)...I've decided that I've had enough of my nonsense. I'm steadily gaining weight and it stinks. I hate it and I've got to get a grip on myself. I have to begin again, and that beginning is tomorrow with my eating habits. Next week comes the exercise component...I'll have no excuses...I'm not going to have anything to do because I have 10 weeks of vacation time with very little summer work!

I know that I've had two failed self challenges in the past...I think both had great potential...the next 10 and 30/100...I need to mix them some how...smaller goals like the next 10, but time demands like 30 in 100....I'm not sure where to go with this...

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

TrixieBelden said...

Hey there, I feel a lot of pressure being the first to give you a suggestion, so in no way should you think this is the best of what's to come, just the first.

I have a question ... do you typically stay on an exercise routine when someone else is exercising with you, or when you go it alone? I'm thinking it might help give structure to your days if you make a date to exercise with someone else, or take a class or classes. Can you join a Road Runner's club, a Master's Swim club (I'm thinking about doing this)? As for another self challenge, were you properly giving yourself rewards when you achieved periodic victories? you might want to do that, so that you have things to look forward to and motivate you.

Just my 2 cents. Hope you get good suggestions. I'll be interested to hear how it goes :)

Martalu said...

Trixie has some good ideas. I personally want to do 30 lbs. in 30 weeks. I used to want to do 52 lbs. in 52 weeks, but I've lost the initial 20 lbs., after how many years? Ah, I've lost count. Anyway, that's all I got. I suck at challenges. Right now I found something I like, so I'm going to stick with it as long as humanly possible, hopefully forever!