Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A change in plans

I had a change of plans today. I woke up really late this morning (10!) and walked out into my front room to figure out that Chris has my bike rack in his trunk because he went riding with his buddy on Sunday, so I couldn't ride this morning. Not a big deal as the weather lady told us to limit activities today because of the temp (only 92 it's 98 out there!)and the oppressive humidity plus the possibility of thunder storms. I decided to make the best of it and went to the pool instead. I got to use my new floatie, which I love. Mine is not a fancy one, just a basic blow up with netting to cradle your body. It was so nice to float around. I wish I could have taken a little snooze, but the sailing academy kids were playing shark and minnow in the deep and and I was using a new sun screen so I was afraid that if I were a sleep I wouldn't notice if I started to feel "the sizzle"

Tonight I'm hoping for a relaxing evening. I have some stuff to plan for the grad class tomorrow night, but other than that, I'm not too concerned. I'm thinking I need to get myself into a WW meeting, but other than those 2 things, I'm good!

Update
I've been to a WW meeting and am currently weighing 183...which is totally gross, but I have to remember my focus: becoming (or refinding) the athlete within!

I also got an uncontrollable craving during the meeting...for cherries! That's a craving I can live with.

No comments: