Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sweat!


Let me start out by telling you that I am a renowned non-sweater. I do not sweat...even in temperatures in the 90s or above...not much sweat, even in typical areas such as armpit and forehead. But last night, in spin class, I had a perspiration related miracle. I sweated, a lot. Not as much as my classmates, mind you, but for me it was an incredible amount. I had to wipe my forehead, I had stains in my pits. I even had sweat marks on my athletic bra. I know that a lot of people finding sweating to be disgusting, I however, am proud of my increasing ability to sweat. I am beginning to feel like an athlete.

Sad how I've done more than 7 triathlons, and it's the ability to sweat that is making me feel athletic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm the same way. i only really sweat occassionally... and then if i stop working out for like, a minute, i stop sweating all together. i guy ran past me the other day during my race and he was sweating buckets... you look at me after a race and you would never know that i had done it. pisses me off!