Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yet another late update

Man, I do not know where time is escaping to! I feel as if time is standing still...I know it's not because my belly is slowly expanding. the house seems to be standing still, mainly because of one of large conglomerate contractor stores giving us the run around. The contractor who arranges for windows to put in tells us that there will be no problems with the type of window we need, that they do it all the time and that if the window guys damage the surrounding concrete it will be fixed. Meanwhile, the guy who actually mans the installation crew and comes to check out the site tells us that our needs are only 1% of what they do, and they have no masons to fix the concrete if it gets damaged. We're a tad peeved, but my mother-in-law (who is a pit bull when it comes to stuff like that) is all over it for us. What really bugs me is that I'm starting to worry that the house won't be done before the baby gets here and I really want to be at least partially settled (read our bedroom is set and ready to go with a bassinet) before the critter comes.

I'm now 29 weeks. I'm back to being really tired at night. Last night I was in bed by 9, lights out by 10:30. I used have lights out at 11:30. Mind you this 10:30 lights out is in addition to a 30 minute nap in the afternoon...I never had to do that to have lights out at 11:30. Sad, but then again, it takes a lot of energy growing a whole new person...or at least that is what I'm telling myself.

I had a check up this week and the baby's heartbeat is very strong. I did not get a "gaining too much weight" lecture this time. And I passed my Gestational Diabetes screening on the first go 'round, so I'm looking forward to more ice cream as the weather gets nicer! Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Martalu said...

Aw, I can't believe that crap with the windows. Sucky. I really hope your MIL can whip them into shape.

So, has the bump started kicking you yet? Oh, I am so excited for you! Of course you'll be in the house! You have 2+ months to go! I can't wait to see you in August! I wish I could meet my niece/nephew at that time, but either way, schmoo will get spoiled!

Happy Cathy said...

Argh! How frustrating is the house stuff? I'm frustrated for you. You know it's getting to be about that time...crazy, pregnant woman flip out time!!!!!!