Saturday, December 29, 2007

Playing Catch-up

The holiday season is a killer, don't you agree? I think this is the first free moment I've had a in a week. Even at the library I've had very little time to do anything but read a blog or two...literally. It sucks. But I'm back, so there you go. There are about a million things I want to share, but now that I'm here I can't seem to remember it all, so I'll see what I can do.
The Friday before Christmas was Ian's last day as a 1:1 at the elementary school. He just couldn't take working with kids who have so many problems so young. During the last week of school he shaved his beard differently each day to entertain the kids. This one is my favorite.
My BFF, Julie and I entered a raffle outside of Trader Joe's a few weekends ago and as I result I won a new orchid. Yay for me!
Not only did I win the new orchid, but the orchid that I got as a gift last June has new blossoms on it. It'll probably take months for them to actually bloom, but it's still exciting.
I also got some cool stuff for Christmas: quilting books, a book on how to use old socks to make stuffed animals, a new coffee grinder, a french press coffee maker, lots of DVDs, new pajamas, and a book on living green.
Sadly, although I know I have more to share, this is all I can think of at the moment. Boo.

No comments: