Saturday, December 08, 2007

Yikes!

I have not been here in about a gazillion years. (gazillion = 1/52 of a year, or one week) I don't know where this week has gone. I've been working on Christmas cards, trying to get Christmas shopping (online so far) under control. I attended two meetings after school hours this week (Quality Improvement and Reading Department). I am beat as a result.

My hands are also crazy dry. 129 year old lady dry. Cracked mummy dry. At night I've been putting Gold bond Foot cream on them and then wearing gloves and that seems to do the trip, but by the end of the day, my hands are dry and red again. Must be winter or something. I think that I'm going to have to go on strike when it comes to the dishes for a little while...which means that our dishes will pile up for longer than usual. Bah.

I wish that I could say that I've been doing a ton of sewing...I have a list of things that I would like to make for people for Christmas, but can't seem to get the energy up to get it done. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and try to get it all done. It's going to be tough, as I've got a lot going on this weekend, but I think I can squeak some time here and there.

To Do:
  1. Iron new fabric that I bought last weekend at JoAnn Fabrics (which is the second one to be closing shop within my driving range...the closest one will now be 90 minutes a way)
  2. Make templates from the internet patterns I bought from FutureGirl, and for the infant shoes I want to make for my friend CA's unborn baby who we affectionately call Jumby (Jumby is due on Christmas Eve, so the kid need Christmas presents !)
  3. 3 sock monkeys: one for my father-in-law who was caught walking around my apartment with Chris' because he loved it so much, one for Jumby, and one for my work Holiday dinner where we have a "Chinese Auction" (sorry to anyone who is offended...I just learned what this was and I have not other name for it). The auction has a theme of "thing with 4 legs"...so a sock monkey it is.
  4. Lunch with Chris and my college roommate.
  5. Dinner at Lyndhurst Castle with the 'rents...we don't actually get to eat in the castle, but we'll be in the carriage house...which is lovely. The old horse stalls have been changed into booths, and the tacking room fits about 15 tables. It's really beautiful...and I've even saying this as someone who used to waitress weddings at this place. The worked sucked, but the ambiance was always gorgeous.
  6. Work at the library on Sunday.
  7. Indian dinner with Chris and my father-in-law on Sunday night.

Yeah, I'm a tad busy this week.

1 comment:

Martalu said...

I am now exhausted from all the things you have to do!

Sorry about JoAnn's. That super-sucks.