Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm at it again!

Yes, yes, I haven't posted in a almost a week, but I've been busy, I swear. I've been going to the gym with my mom and doing mostly upper body workouts, and yesterday for the first time in weeks, I went for a quick run. I am very impressed with myself.

However, with that run out in the cold came a cough. And with that cough came some cold symptoms, which I am trying to keep at bay. This, as I mentioned, is my fear about winter training. I think I'm going to just take it easy and nip all "pre-symptoms" of bronchitis immediately and thoroughly. I think that by being extra cautious, I might keep this winter trouble free...at least that is my hope.

Regardless, my run was both good fun and seriously annoying. I did find a well paced groove. My mouth watered the whole time, I attribute that to the cold air...my mouth might have been trying to keep itself moist. That and before I hit the woodsy part of the trail I was running on, a guy in a silver car screamed at me and shot my heart rate up about 10 beats. He really startled me. But all in all, it was a decent run.

No comments: