Saturday, December 31, 2005

Is darts an endurance sport?

I'm here to admit that the closest thing I got to training was playing darts with my parents when I went to their house for dinner last night. I did really well, considering that I had never played before. I actually won.

Granted, I shouldn't beat myself up because I did do a big chore that needed to get done by today....a goods donation to my local Goodwill. Both my husband and I had been putting off delivering the bags and bags of stuff. My question that I have to look at seriously is: Was I really catching up on a chore or was I merely procrastinating?

I guess that I will be starting my training journey along with a million other New Years sheep. I will be part of "tourist season" at the gym. I will be outside with a troop of other runners tomorrow afternoon. It's going to be hellacious.

In a sense, I guess it's fitting that I begin again on the first day of the year, and it's a Sunday, and it's a day I have off. I also have off Monday the 2nd, I can really begin on the right foot. I can get in some workouts, I can do some cooking to get me through the week. I'll have the husband home to give me a bit of a "push"...it can't be all bad, right?

No comments: