Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Beginnings

I'm not sure what prompted me to start this, maybe a need for accountability in my training and diet. Who knows? Perhaps I'm just tired of my pants not fitting well, or that the number on the little tag inside is so large...maybe it's when I race I'm usually one of the biggest women on the course. Whatever it is, I'm just glad that I'm doing it.

Currently, I'm not training at all. I should be, as there is the possibility of my participating in a half iron distance race in July...the day before my birthday. It would be an incredible gift to myself to be able to accomplish such a feat. And if I could lose 20 pounds while training for it, by God, it would be the best birthday ever!

Okay, so I guess that by putting this out there, I had better get my butt into gear. Forget all the New Years Resolution garbage, it's failed me before! I'm starting now, with this entry, to train for the half iron. Even if I can't do the "birthday race" of my dreams, I will be physically ready for it regardless.

I'm unsure of how I will approach this. A little research is needed, plus some base miles and certainly a revamp of my current eating habits. A mighty pill to swallow.

No comments: