Thursday, December 29, 2005

Finding a way

The holidays are still here and I'm beginning to feel the holiday bloat. Blech.

Although I haven't actually done any physical training as of yet, I am trying to make a plan that I can follow with my eyes closed...an easy plan, a do-able plan. I just need that little foot-hold to get started.

Tomorrow I am off from both career and part-time jobs, so it'd be a perfect day to get some time at the gym in. Or a run. Or yoga. Or swimming. I think that might be part of the problem. There are so many things I could be doing, but the choice is so overwhelming that I wind up doing nothing except feeling guilty about doing nothing.

I need to find a program that I can use without thinking. I know that there are a few days a week that I won't be able to get anything done. Primarily Mondays and Thursdays due to extra work hours. Five days a week should be enough, shouldn't it? I'm so out of touch with training.

I think that for the few few weeks my schedule will look something like this:

  • Monday: Off
  • Tuesday: Run
  • Wednesday: Bike
  • Thursday: Off
  • Friday: Run/yoga
  • Saturday: Run
  • Sunday: Swim

I will give myself some wiggle room and will be able to swap off days if needed. I'm not going running during a blizzard if I can spin in the comfort of my computer room.

According to my schedule, my plan for tomorrow is to run and get in some yoga. Being that this is public accountability (or disgust and shame) I will report how I made out....

No comments: