Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Look

Hey, look 2 posts in as many days! Yay for me!

Let me know what you think of the new look I've got going on here. I decided that I needed a new look and a new name. I didn't want to start a whole new blog because a lot of my history is on here, but things have changed. I haven't done a triathlon in more than 3 years, and all my priorities have shifted since then.
Today is a chilly, rainy day in New York and I found that I had 3 over-ripe bananas in the freezer- that can only mean one thing! Pecan Banana Bread. The recipe is not mine, it's Fanny Farmer's, and due to copyright infringement, I can only say this...I don't use the walnuts her recipe calls for, I use pecans.
Alexander got to wear his new apron while helping me smash the bananas.
Pecan banana bread for Chris.

Pecan-free banana muffins for Alexander. I made a total of 6. Half of one is simmering in Alexander's belly, and the other three are resting comfortably in my freezer.

Obviously Alexander approves.

3 comments:

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Well you can't go wrong with a new header like that! ;)

Mmmmm I bet that bread is tasty!! Tell you what, you give me some bread, and I'll give you some avocados! ;)

Martalu said...

I like it! Great pics, and, yummmmmm, great looking bread!

Anonymous said...

Love the header, your little mr. is a doll!