I can not believe that I haven't been here in 11 days or so. Apparently, I've been crazy busy...or super lazy. Perhaps it's a combination of the two. Anyway, I will catch us all up!
- Tomorrow is the last day of school All I have to do is take my 3 posters down off my ways (1 Corpse Bride, and 2 Edward Gorey) and turn in my keys. The rest of the day is a BBQ thrown by admin. I love my job.
- Tonight is graduation. I have to talk about my 2 leads that are graduating. I don't want to, but I'll do it. What cheeses me is that the social worker who insisted that lead teachers speak about their students, refuses to say anything at the graduation because it makes her uncomfortable. But somehow she's comfortable with making other people do it regardless of their discomfort. Whatever...I just need to write out a couple of index cards. Humph.
- I had another check up yesterday. This time with the senior member of the OBGYN practice. The baby's heart beat sounds good. I'm no dilated at all yet (which means more pool time for me!) She also commented that it feels like I have a "good sized baby in there". Then she read the ultra sound results and commented..."Ooooh, about 5 and a half pounds? That is a good sized baby" I think I really might be giving birth to a gorilla in 6 weeks.
- My co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower. They scared the crap out of me, which they thought was hysterically funny. Bastards. Loving, fabulous bastards, but bastards all the same. They all chipped in and got me my infant car seat! Plus, the shower had a full breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fruit, bagels and coffee. I love these people.
- My landlords are pissing me off. You see, all in all, my landlords (a husband and wife team) are very nice people. They are just inconsiderate. Chris and I are not allowed to park in the driveway, but the kid down the street is. We were asked to be very gentle with the doors because her father is sensitive to that sort of noise. But who used to come visit him after 10pm and slam doors? She did...now that he's in a home, she'll come to get some of his clothes and guess what...slam doors. And apparently, construction in the down stairs apartment doesn't warrant any forewarning, even if it's going to be occurring after 9pm. Yes, I get to listen to the husband sawing pipes at night. I think I would be pissed even if I weren't pregnant and it didn't throw Reuben into fits. Reuben seems to think that the noise might be coming to harm me. I wouldn't care so much, I don't think, if I hadn't in the last few months of her father living downstairs, had to let the police in a bunch of times because his emergency alarm went off, pick him up off of the ground when he fell, or change the batteries in his smoke alarm. We were also asked to keep an ear out for him, which I did (which is why I knew when he fell, or if his smoke alarm was going off, etc) and I don't get any courtesy in return. Okay...rant over.
- The house is coming along slowly, but surely. Hopefully we'll be able to move in before Schmoo turns 15.