- We had a death in the family that I don't care to share at this point. I will let it be known that Chris, Alexander and I are doing well, and we are all healthy, happy, and chugging along.
- I am on vacation form school and I am loving every minute of it. Alexander does go to day care for two mornings a week so he won't forget Lina, his sitter. I wish I didn't have to send him, but I don't want to be anxious in September when he has to go back. Plus, he gets to play with his little friends when he's there.
- I am 1/3 finished with my last graduate course for the summer. This will make 24 credits (8 classes) since February. I'm hoping they all get final approval from the lady in Human Resources so I can move from the +60 pay column to the +90 pay column.
- I bought a fancy new MacBook Pro, which I am on right now. I love it, but I'm finding a little bit intimidating as I've been using PCs for years. So far, I love it, but I haven't had a lot of opportunity to use it other than typing things up for graduate classes, and frankly Microsoft Word is Microsoft word for the most part no matter what type of machine you happen to be using.
- I want to start doing the Manic Mondays again, and I'm hoping to do so this Monday. The following Monday might be a challenge because we'll be on vacation. I'll see what I can do.
- Alexander is turning 2 in less than 2 weeks. Can you frickin' believe it? I certainly cannot. He is giving me issues about taking a nap these days. He won't stay in his bed, he climbs out of the pack and play. I can rock him until he's drowsy and then put him down, or drive him around in the car. If I wait too long to put him down, he gets wound up and totally nutso, which is funny until he starts putting his feet in my shirt whenever I pick him up and then he's stuck. He thinks it's hilarious, I find it frustrating. I think he gets it from Chris, who gets really dumb and silly when he is lacking sleep.
Well, there you go. My drive-by update!