Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sad

Sept 1, 1999- January 25, 2010

Sorry I haven't been here lately.  We had a devestating event here in the Amazon home.  Poor, sweet Reuben passed on January 25th.  He had a huge mass in his abdomen, and our options were surgery, let it go, or put him down.  The surgery would have cost upwards of 5K and recovery would have been long and painful and it only would have extended his life for about 6 months.  Letting it go would have meant watching him every second of the day for the mass to rupture resulting in massive internal bleeding and he would die a painful death.  We decided that it would be most human to let him go while he was still feeling pretty good.  We miss our boy.

4 comments:

Cory said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Reuben. It's sad that you have lost him, but at least you didn't have to watch him suffer for a long time.

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry! You know you did the right thing, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Martalu said...

Oh Alanna, I am so sorry to hear this horrible news. I can't imagine how hard this was for you. I know how much you loved him. :(

Eva said...

I'm sorry to hear you've lost your furbaby. I'm sure he had a wonderful life. Keep his spirit alive!